Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 31 Stamp Camp Class

Whew, what a day yesterday was! I had 9 wonderful ladies attend my stamp camp class where they made four cards. There were some challenges as I introduced at least two new techniques and a fun fold card.


This card incorporated a new technique to create the watercolor-look background as well as being a fun fold card. It also used the Watercolor Wings stamp set for the butterfly that required stamping the butterfly with a total of FIVE stamps.


 
This is the card that I designed and made over 100 of to take to the recent Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City. This card uses 8 different color inks. When I first made it, I thought it was a pretty simple card to make in a large quantity. But once I started making them, I realized that while it was basically a simple card there was a lot of stamping required to complete it. I used the Awesomely Artistic and Lots of Joy stamp sets for this card.


I had received a card using this layout from a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I changed the colors and a couple of other things from what she had done. For this card, I used the Gorgeous Grunge, Papillon Potpourri and Wetlands stamp sets.

The cluster stamping technique was used on this card. I took a lot of simple photopolymer stamps from several different stamp sets to create one large 'cluster stamp'. The dragonfly and flower background are from the Awesomely Artistic stamp set. The Boho Chic embossing folder was used on the larger circle.

I sure hope the ladies enjoyed making these cards and weren't too overwhelmed during the process. I didn't hear too many complaints as they were hard at work, so either they were too focused on making their cards to say anything or they liked what they were doing.

Please leave me a comment sharing your thoughts on these cards or if I can provide you with more information on making them. You can also contact me if you are interested in information on my upcoming events, purchasing Stampin' Up! products through me, hosting your own Stampin' Up! event, or even becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

I'm here to help you 'stamp 4 fun'....

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment