Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Roses, Roses, Roses

Here are 3 cards I made using the Rose Wonder stamp set and Rose Garden Thinlits from Stampin' Up!'s new 2016 Occasions Catalog. The layout of each card is the same, I just used a different combination of the stamp set and the thinlits on each one.
 
 
This card focuses on just the use of the stamp set. I heat embossed the rose and leaves, then used sponge daubers to color them. 


On this card, I simply took the thinlits image and mounted it on the card.


The rose and leaves on the final card is a combination of the stamp set and the thinlits. It was created as a result of my initial idea, then my next idea, not working out the way I'd imagined either of them. First, I heat embossed the image and colored the leaves with my sponge dauber.

My initial idea for the rose was to fill in the embossed space with the negative pieces from the thinlits rose. However, since the thinlits rose frame is thicker than the stamped image, I was left with white spaces between the rose paper piece and the embossed frame. So, I thought I'd try to fill in that area using another new item from the Occasions Catalog - Wink of Stella.

Well, I ended up getting a puddle of gold instead of a thin line. Which lead me to just cover all of the rose pieces with the Wink of Stella. But I was still left with the white space! To cover that white space, I simply cut another rose frame from the Rose Garden Thinlits and placed it over the rose. I do like the gold shimmer that now sits on top of my Bermuda Bay rose.

Do you like one version than the others? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Until next time.....

Happy Stamping 4 Fun,
Janet

2 comments: